Friday, September 11, 2009

dinner to the rescue

Evenings and dinner time have been so difficult lately. In the past couple weeks I have sent Jackson to bed early several times. I am so tired of the mid afternoon meltdowns. So I tried something new yesterday, and it worked! Around 3 pm I let my kids have a small snack then I started making dinner around 4:30 when they started asking for another snack. By the time Damon got home at 6 pm they had eaten dinner, desert, were in their jammies and had their teeth brushed. The result; less tantrums, more time for me to pick up the house, Damon and I got to eat together while the boys sat and did paint with water, and both the boys and I were happier when Daddy got home which made Daddy want to spend time with us!

3 comments:

  1. Kendra, I've never looked at this blog before and I just scrolled through all of your posts. You are amazing. Will you come and organize my life for me?!

    ReplyDelete