Saturday, February 7, 2009

Simple Cinnamon Rolls

Here is an easy cinnamon roll recipe... and what I do to make them super yummy!

* I only make half the recipe because it will still give me 2 dozen rolls. But here is the full recipe if you want extra or want to just make bread.

4 tblsp instant yeast
*(I soften my yeast first to help it rise faster. To do this put a pinch of sugar
in 1/4 cup warm water if halfing the recipe or 1/2 cup if using the
full recipe. Add yeast without stirring. The yeast will begin to
grown and then you can add it to the recipe.)
5 cups water
1 cup canola oil
4 eggs
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup powdered dry milk
2 tblsp salt
14 cups flour (approximately)

Mix 5 cups flour, salt, sugar, milk, yeast. Add water, oil, and eggs. Mix thoroughly and add flour, just until it pulls away from sides of bowl. Let rise until doubled, punch down.

(If you want to make bread form into loaves and place in greased bread pans. Let rise until it's the size of a nice big loaf of bread. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes.)

For Cinnamon Rolls
After rising, roll into a big rectangle, spread with 1/2 cup melted butter. Sprinkle with cinnamon, then sugar (approx. 2 tsp cinnamon to 1 cup sugar.) Roll up and slice 1 inch thick. Place into 9x13 greased pans or cookie sheets with sides. Bake at 350 for 20 min.
* (I use about 1 cup butter and 2 cups sugar, I also roll my dough pretty thin. I don't like my rolls to be doughy and I like them pretty moist and sweet. )

Frosting
1 cube butter
1 8oz pkg cream cheese
8 cups powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt
milk (1 tblsp at a time)

Soften butter and cream cheese. Whip and gradually add sugar and milk intermittently until desired consistency. Add vanilla and salt. Whip until fluffy, spread on rolls.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment