Sunday, March 8, 2009

Super Goop

I tried this easy Goop recipe with my kids. They really enjoyed making it. I let them each choose a food color and we mixed the colors. It was great to talk about what happens when water gets hot, the texture of the corn starch, and mixing colors. They got a little bored playing with it in the ziplock baggies so I will give it to them again and let them play with it in the bathtub before I turn on the water. Then they can paint their bodies and the tub and it will make for easy clean up!
*This can also be fun for older kids. They can probably make it themselves and what kid doesn't like goop?

SUPER GOOP
2 cups water
1/2 cup corn starch
food coloring

Bring water to a boil.
Add cornstarch and stir until smooth.
Add food coloring and stir.
Let cool.
Squish on table top or put in ziplock bag to mush and play with. (to minimize

No comments:

Post a Comment